Monday, October 16, 2017

Illuxcon 2017 Preparations

On Friday I mentioned I will be returning to the Illuxcon Showcase this coming Friday and Saturday, October 20-21. I have been hard at work preparing for the Showcase and for Illuxcon in general. While most of my attention has been put towards the presentation of The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia (more on this soon at ethravandalia.blogspot.com), I have been hard at work to improve my overall appearance at conventions. Since I am in the Showcase and I am flying, it was all about lightweight, compact, and focused presentation.

Many people I know were sporting new cloth table runners at Gen Con and I instantly knew that was the way to go for all future conventions. They are lightweight, full color, and you just lay them out and you are all set. There is no longer an issue of hanging a table banner off the front of a table. My brand new table runner is all ready for the IX Showcase...

New table runner will be replacing my table banner! RAWR!

The past two years I have shipped a great deal of art to and from Illuxcon. I can not easily make the drive to Pennsylvania from Florida so shipping is really the only option for any large amount of art. It has been well worth the investment to have the art there, but there is a certain amount of stress and time involved to do all that shipping. Now that I will be back in the Showcase I can scale the amount of work I am taking way back. While I will not have as great of a selection with me at IX, compared to the last couple of years, hopefully I will still have enough with me to interest those at the Showcase. In the end though, it is not so much about sales for me at IX this year, but rather getting the word out about The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia, attending workshops and seminars, and looking at all the amazing art in the Main Show. I have been working IX the last two years and I am really looking forward to attending IX again!

The difference between being in the Main Show vs the Showcase...
When I am in the Showcase my entire set up is little more than a suitcase.

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment