Friday, October 27, 2017

Art in Unexpected Places - UPDATE!

If you are reading this it is most likely because I had to report to jury duty today. The blog is on autopilot and I am off in a room sitting and waiting for my number to be called. Fun times doing my civic duty. That said, on with the blog post...

Back in May I shared with you some unexpected art I found in our neighborhood. Some folks with a nice long fence took to hanging painting on it and for me, it livened up my walk past their house. Over the past month of typical Florida summer weather all of the paintings have slowly disappeared do to weather or sun damage. Thankfully, an entire new batch of painting, sculptures, and decorations is up again! This time with a autumn/Halloween feel...

Fresh paintings to weather the Florida fall.
So far they do not seem worst for wear.

The addition of some sculpture hanging on the fence is nice.
I wonder if it will all change again once winter approaches.

I mentioned decorations. No many decorate for Halloween near us anymore, which I find unfortunate. The owners of the fence have made up for it with several scenes depicted in their front yard. It is all a refreshing change to the rather quiet mundane streets...

There are rats and skulls. There are spiders and a webbed up corpse. My favorite of course being the specter of necromancer raising pirate skeletons from the yard!

How do I know they are pirates? One is wearing a vest and on the left breast is the Jolly Roger!

This yard makes me happy and it is great to be able to walk and drive past it everyday. I hope they continue to bring art and decoration to the neighborhood!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment