Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Festering Mummy Drawing Time Lapse - Magic the Gathering

Today I have for you another time lapse video that I recorded about a year ago. This is the drawing for the Festering Mummy that I did for the Amonkhet expansion to Magic the Gathering. This expansion just came out so I am actually posting this when it is half way relevant. First things first, here is how the final drawing turned out...

Festering Mummy
Magic the Gathering - Amonkhet 
17 x 14 -Pencil on paper
 SOLD
 © 2017 Wizards of the Coast



The video should speak for itself. If you follow my blog at all you will be familiar with my thumbnails that I create as part of the process of creating an illustration. When I go about making the final drawing I use the approved thumbnail as a guide. I make changes and corrections along the way, which you can clearly see in the video when I erase and rework various parts as well as slim down the body and limbs. If all goes as planned, which it mostly did here, it comes together quickly so that I can move onto the next step in the process, the painting. Here is how the final painting turned out, you can compare the drawing with the painitng to see how they are interconnected...

Festering Mummy
Magic the Gathering - Amonkhet
14 x 10.2- Digital
© 2017 Wizards of the Coast

I will be sharing more about this piece when I finally get to the process post for it... which at I current pace will be sometime later in the year.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment