Monday, April 17, 2017

Festering Mummy - MtG - Amonkhet

The entire set of Amonkhet, the newest expansion to Magic the Gathering, was spoiled last week. This means I can now share my card coming out as part of Amonkhet. I present you with the Festering Mummy...

Festering Mummy
Magic the Gathering - Amonkhet
14 x 10.2- Digital
© 2017 Wizards of the Coast


Nothing like getting to paint yourself as a rotting mummy lurching its way across the cursed sands of a distant world of magic and monsters. This was my first opportunity to directly use myself as reference in a Magic card and I believe I got in there the appropriate about of RAWR! A HUGE thanks goes out to Cynthia Sheppard for the Festering Mummy assignment!

While the final for this piece was digital, the original drawings associated with this piece will be available soon. Prints will be also be available soon. Finally, artist proofs will be available once the set is released and I have received them. Here is a look at the final card version of the Festering Mummy... 

Festering Mummy in handy dandy card form

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment