Friday, April 14, 2017

Dianoga - Unaccepted Star Wars Celebration Entry

With Star Wars Celebration this weekend, I thought I would share with you my design that I submitted to be part of the Celebration art show. Obviously, since I have not spoken of this before, my design was not selected. I made it through the first hurdle at least, and was asked to submit to the art show, so that is something. To be honest, I was fairly confident I was not going to be selected, but I submitted the image I wanted to make. I give you my unaccepted Dianoga...

Dianoga
Star Wars Celebration Entry
14 x 17 - Pencil on paper
Original - Sold

I had always wanted to do a Dianoga piece, and this seemed like as good an opportunity as any. I really wanted to capture a key moment from Star Wars from the monster's point of view. With Leia and Han reflected in the eye, I thought it would be a fun take, and this would have given me an excuse to paint some tentacles. Here is the color comp I submitted as well...

Dianoga - Color comp
Star Wars Celebration Entry
6.8 x 10 - Digital

It all worked out for the best. I never had the time in my schedule to take this one, though I would have somehow made it happen. I have been using all that time on something much more personal and, in the end, maybe more rewarding. Don't get me wrong, it would be a total thrill and an honor to be part of the Celebration art show. This was not the year. Lastly, here are the final two thumbnails I decided to move forward with. I went with the second one even though I really loved the first. Dianoga... RAWR!

Dianoga - Thumbnails

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment