Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Losing Another Ent

You never know what tomorrow will bring. I just returned from a long weekend in the Bahamas and I had planned to share with you some images I took while there of neat animals and cool reference. Unfortunately, the day before we returned a storm hit back home and took out one of our trees. The good thing is that the house is fine, but we returned to a house with no power and many tons of tree laying across the yard. Two days after the storm the power is thankfully back on, but the internet may be out until Monday. All of this is making it difficult to have posts up on the blog as planned. I will try my best to have something up here on the usual days until everything is back to normal. In the meantime, here are some images of tree that decided to take a nap...

One of the largest in the yard it stretches nearly the length of our property.

 For scale, here is Dear Wife standing next to the upended root mass.

 
They estimate that about 2 tons of dirt is part of the root mass.
Glad I am not going to have to deal with it... though it will cost us.

Roots were pulled horizontally through the earth when the tree fell leaving holes and trenches in the ground.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment