Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Head Shot Fun Thanks to Kira Derryberry Photography

Something a little different today. I usually use my art to represent myself in the world, but there are times that call for a professional head shot. I have been using a great photo taken by Dear Wife and it has served me well. Kira Derryberry, a photographer I have known for years approached me to do a sitting with her to get some head shots done that suit me as a working artist that will also assist her in a character portrait project she is working on. This sounded like a great opportunity and during the holidays we got together and made it happen. Kira had some new lighting gels she wanted to try out and I brought along the appropriately branded accessories. Sometimes you can't do it all and working with other artists and craftsmen to get a quality product made is definitely worth the time and effort. I am extremely happy with how the photos all turned out and I can't speak highly enough about Kira and her work. Here are some of our favorite photos from the shoot...


Not all of the time was spent making normal head shots. We played around with posses, lighting, and exposure times to see what works and doesn't. There were some happy accidents and the expected unsuccessful accidents, but we had fun. Here are couple of the more fun photos from the shoot. These make for great reference... maybe they will lead to something monstrous...


Again, I have nothing but praise for Kira Derryberry and her work. If you are in the Tallahassee / North Florida / South Georgia area and are in need of a photographer I HIGHLY recommended Kira Derryberry Photography (or on Facebook)!

That's all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Chris! Always fun getting to hang out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Thanks for your time and persistence to doing the shoot. :)

      Delete