Friday, July 29, 2016

Revisiting some Pocket Monster Redesigns

It feels that Pokémon is bigger than ever, especially with the release of Pokémon Go. Even I am talking about Pokémon Go here on the BLOG. All these Pokémon got me thinking, some about Pokémon at Gen Con, and some about Pokémon in my past.

Today I thought I would revisit a pair of redesigned Pokémon that I did four years ago. It actually blows me away that is was four years ago, feels like just yesterday. Anyway, I was having some fun and playing around with some personal redesign work and then these happened...

Charmander Redesign
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
Original available on my web store!
© 2012 Christopher Burdett

Charmeleon Redesign
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
Original available on my web store!
© 2012 Christopher Burdett

The Charmander Redesign is still one of my favorite drawings. REALLY happy with how it turned out. Just look at that face! RAWR! Sadly, I only did these two at the time and never finished off the set with a Charizard. 

Be sure to stop by the blog on Monday when I will share with you some of my plans for
Pokémon at Gen Con 2016!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment