Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Facebook Live Stream Recap

Last night I tried live streaming on Facebook for the first time. This was more of a test than anything else and it seemed to surpass any of my expectations. Between two streams (apparently there is an hour and a half limit) I drew monsters, talked about making monsters, and answered questions. I definitely will be doing this again!

Scribbling on monsters!

You can head over to my Facebook page to view the recorded streams, or you can watch them here!





I worked on a total of four monsters in the two hours I streamed. One of them, the third one, made to a finished state. I abandoned the other three because I just wasn't feeling where they were heading. I did not have anything planned for these drawings, so I was flying by the seat of my pants and seeing where the pencil took me. Here are some scans  of the drawings from the live stream...

Monster #3 (finished)
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper

© 2016 Christopher Burdett

Monster #1 (abandoned)
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper

© 2016 Christopher Burdett

Monster #2 (abandoned)
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper

© 2016 Christopher Burdett

Monster #3 (abandoned)
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper

© 2016 Christopher Burdett

A HUGE thanks to everyone that joined in, asked questions, and commented on what I was doing. I will definitely be doing more of these live streams while I draw. Maybe next time I will have something planned out so I can try to focus on completing a specific drawing. We shall see. Keep an eye on my Facebook page or Twitter for an announcement of when I will be going on next. It sure was a lot of fun.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment