Monday, October 12, 2015

Getting ready for Illuxcon - Gill-Man

With Illuxcon right around the corner I am hurriedly getting ready for my time in the weekend Salon. My preparations include getting a couple of new personal pieces completed just in time to make their debut at Illuxcon! The second of these new pieces is my take on the Gill-Man...


Gill-Man
5.5 x 6 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Original - SOLD
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

I found the frame for this piece before I began it. I knew I wanted to make something that would find a good home in this frame and the Gill-Man seemed like a good fit. Here is how the piece looks in its new frame home... 

Gill-Man
All framed up
Original - SOLD
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

As with all my paintings there is a drawing for it as well. I will be bringing the drawing with me to Illuxcon as well for those who like drawings more then paintings...

Gill-Man - Drawing
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

As an added bonus, here are several images I took during the creation of this piece. It came together without a lot of drama and now is ready to go to a forever home. RAWR!

Gill-Man - Process progression
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment