Friday, January 17, 2014

Crazy Talk

My coworker at the day job who supervises the audio/video department was doing some tests with Crazy Talk to see what options it could offer us to quickly create animated characters. He asked if I had any monster drawings available to test on and I was all too happy to provide some. A very short time later this was happening...

Crazy Talk just make Cyvus Vail that much wackier...

In a couple of clicks the program added the eyes and teeth and after rigging the mouth it handles all the lip sync on the fly. These two segments of audio are built into the program but I understand it will sync to your own recordings. The program creates the 3D illusion and I have to say that for an off the shelf program I am impressed. Unfortunately, at the day job we will not be doing any animated demons anytime soon, but it could be a resource to have. If only we had this eight years ago...

If you were wondering what this drawing is from, it is my Cyvus Vail redesign from 2011. Vail was originally created for the Angel TV show 10 years ago...

Cyvus Vail redesign
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday for... DRAGONS! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment