Friday, August 9, 2013

Toned paper drawings from a GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY!

"More? More did you spake?" - Jar Jar Binks

Yes, Jar Jar, there are MORE toned paper drawings! And this time it is from more of your neighborhood in the Galaxy. Leading up to Gen Con I decided to revisit a Star Wars piece I did many moons ago that was spoiled at Gen Con LAST YEAR... that is just now hitting the store shelves (once I get my copy I will be sharing all my contributions to this project!). After the upgrade to toned paper here is how my scaly Trandoshan friends turned out...

Trandoshan Hunting Party
9 x 12
colored pencil on toned paper
Original "AT-PT" sketch © 2013 Fantasy Flight Games

This was not my first Star Wars assignment, though it was one of my early ones, but it was one of the first one I felt like I had the freedom to make it my own and give my spin to it. After all, the piece is suppose to be about the walker in the background.  The foreground figures were there to add atmosphere. But I digress... this conversation is best had another day.

After Dragons and cats I am pretty sure everybody just loves Stat Wars. Well, that is at least what I am hoping by bringing this along with me to Gen Con. For those attending Gen Con you will have a chance to see the Trandoshan Hunting Party in person and even buy it and take him home with you! Give the Trandoshan Hunting Party a good home!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites.

    I have to ask, what pencils do you use for these? Are they pastel or oil based? maybe a mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Prismacolor color pencil for all of these. A black one and a white one.

      Delete