Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Meeting notes

I have never been a big fan of meetings, but they are a necessary evil... or so I am told. To make it through them I doodle. Some times the doodles get out of hand. Here is a recent one...

I am a huge fan of doodles and simply drawing for the pleasure of making marks on the page. Far too often I feel compelled to create a finished piece, to complete a goal, to make a deadline.

This is also how I made it through most of my art history classes back in school. Please do not get me wrong... I enjoyed every class and learned about the amazing and complex history of the arts. I just seem to be able to retain what I hear better when I doodle compared to when I am writing notes. The practice continues now while I am in meetings and you will see more of these doodles here.

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment