Friday, February 17, 2023

Kickstarter Roundup - Black , Fritz, and Colin

Today on the blog, I wanted to point out several current Kickstarter projects that I think you all might be interested in. They feature fantastic art by incredible artists, and if you have not already checked it out, you should do so NOW!

First up, we have Steven Russell Black's Drawings of the Major Arcana Tarot. Steven shares: 

"I'm raising funds to create my first Tarot Deck. The cards will feature my dark and surrealist take on the Major Arcana of the Tarot. The funds will be used for my production time on the set as well as Printing and shipping. I've made a first big stride before coming to market here as the first 8 cards and all design work is already finished. Just need this kickstarter to help see it to the finish line."

If you are unfamiliar with Steven's work, you owe it to yourself to check it out. He is a fellow toned paper renderer, and I love his work so much. This is another great project from him, and I would very much like to see it made a reality.

Next, we have Tawny Fritz's Stargazing: Coloring the Zodiac. Tanwy share:

"Stargazing: Coloring the Zodiac will be a softcover gold foil stamped book, perfect bound at 8.5"x11" inches, with over 24 pages printed on 80 lb paper. The name of each Zodiac sign will be printed on the bottom of the page facing the art, so you always know which Celestial Being you're giving life to! Each image was hand drawn by me using micron and Faber-Castell pens. Each Zodiac drawing is printed twice, so you won't have to worry about messing up your favorite sign.

...When I was 3 years old, my Mom caught me drawing smiley faces on the linoleum floor under our kitchen table. She slid a piece of paper under the pen and I have been drawing faces ever since. I love exploring the human condition through drawings of fantastical and mythological femmes. I believe we are all connected on a cosmic level and this coloring book is meant to show how perfect each person in this universe is, no matter what labels or flaws are ascribed to them. I hope you find solace and peace while coloring the pages of this book, and I invite you to take a moment to consider what makes each person both unique from as well as similar to the rest of humanity."

I have known Tawny for years, and I adore her gorgeous line work and images. She has a unique voice and style, and I am always thrilled to see what she is working on. If you love beautiful art and coloring books you simply must go get one of these.

Lastly, there is Brian Colin's Vast Grimm: Into Oblivion. This is an Infinite Black production, but our friend Brian and his Creature Curation are heavily involved. They share:

"Vast Grimm is a stand-alone, art-filled, punk-fueled OSR role-playing game about the few humans remaining in a universe being consumed by growing parasitic würms. Are you a MAnchiNe ravaged by war, pieced together with remnants of bots and the little flesh left of your body? Maybe you're a twisted biochemist shoving needles into your arms in hopes that this next fix will be the one that saves you and what’s left of humanity? Or perhaps you are a soul survivor, like a cockroach, doing whatever is necessary to stay alive even if it means the rest of your Legion must perish. This is a game about survival, no matter how gruesome things get, humanity must survive."

Boy, oh, boy, does this not look and sound amazing. I have resisted the siren's call to this game for a while, but I am hooked now. It looks great, sounds awesome, and the playtests I have seen look super fun. You should really check this out if you are looking for some bleak space RPG excitement.

And you need to act fast! This campaign ends later on the day this post goes live!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment