Monday, November 22, 2021

Recent Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia Bookplates

I have been taking a little blog break as I posted my 100 days of Dungeons & Dragons. Hard to keep all the plates spinning sometimes, and it is easier to focus on the least involved venture for a while and let the other sit on the back burners. I think I am due a bit of a break, mainly since I have run this blog since 2009, but that is neither here nor there. 

Today I am sharing a selection of recent Grand Bazaar bookplates that I had at IX in October. Since this was the first time the books would be in the wild, I knew I needed to get some bookplates ready ahead of time. While I may have been a little overzealous in getting twelve completely, I was surprised with how many deluxe versions sold at IX and in the following weeks. No complaints will be coming from me. The only regret is that I have not shared these with you sooner - which is where the first paragraph of this post comes in.

Before my next event, I will need to draw some more of these, but I have a few months to worry about that. For now, here are some images of the plates.

 
Each deluxe version of my book comes with a signed and numbered bookplate that features an original drawing and stamp. With only 100 deluxe versions available, your opportunity to get one decreases all the time. 

 
The Smokestack is one of my go-to images for the bookplates. They are fun to draw, and I love any excuse to use the Shaper stamp. 

 
Sometimes I like to draw characters that are briefly mentioned or will be mentioned in the future. 

 
Things in jars and bottles are a mainstay of the Grand Bazaar and for bookplates.

 
A little guest appearance of Sister, who will be making her debut in book three.

 
This was easily my favorite of this set of bookplates, and it was the first to go at IX. Don't worry, there will likely be another Ethra or two on bookplates before we reach the end. 

 
Like the Smokestack, the fan-favorite of the Gray Wanderer has adorned many bookplates.

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment