Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Pensacon 2020 Recap - A Month Late

A month ago, I enjoyed an amazing Pensacon, one of the best yet. Then things got crazy. Now, a month later, things are still pretty crazy for a lot of reasons, but I now have time to share some thoughts and images from Pensacon 2020.

It was a tremendous show for so many reasons. Chief among them being that the Kickstarter for The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia launched during the show, and was funded in five hours. That is enough to make for an exciting weekend, but there was so much more. So many friends attend Pensacon that there is a familiar face wherever you turn, and that makes for a super fun convention. The guest list was top-notch, and there were several that I was eager to, and did, meet. I try to keep some semblance of a cool demeanor around celebrities, but in the presence of Wierd Al, I lost it. I am a strong human, but not fanboying out to Wierd Al strong. The panels that I was on were a ton of fun, and I really enjoyed the interaction with my fellow guests and those in attendance. I also had a really good show financially as well, and that does not hurt. Lastly, it was great to see so many in attendance having a lot of fun. A HUGE thanks go to Mike Ensley for continuing to have me back and for creating such an amazing and fun convention.

Here are some images from throughout the weekend.

Since we are only three hours from the convention, we head over the day before to get set up and to have some downtime leading up to the doors opening on Friday afternoon. I made sure to load the car up with everything I could since Pensacon will be the final show as I have done them. Here on out, The Grand Bazaar will take over my convention presence and will be what I am promoting. 

 The calm before the storm. Soon there will be a teaming throng eager to get in... oh! We can see the water this year.

 The vendors have begun load in as I prepare to get set up.

 And just like that, my table is ready to go. Lots of deals, sales, and bargains to be had at Pensacon 2020! Everything MUST go!

 They are getting the band back together.

 Now THAT is the Pensacon I am used to. It was SO busy this year. There was no way for photos to really depict how crowded it got at times.

 My view from for the monster makers panel.

 Oh, there were some monsters on the stage talking about monsters.

 I was a blathering fool.

 Now this was AWESOME. I had a lovely chat...

 ...and got this signed.

 I also got to meet Evil and Sark all at once. David Warner was a genuinely nice man, and I got to tell him how much his performance as Evil in Time Bandits really affected me in a good way.

 I am not packing up to leave, we just had an excellent weekend, and at the end, there was nothing for the wall. This was a first for me, and if there was going to be a weekend and a show for it to happen, I am so glad it was at Pensacon 2020.

 As we have for the past several years, we stay an extra day and head to the beach with Mike, Laura, and Paul Bielaczyc for a breather after the con. Silliness and fun were had, and it is the perfect way to end any convention.

I am already excited about Pensacon 2021 and I hope that we are all there, healthy, and ready for fun! 

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment