Monday, July 15, 2013

Eye on the Realms: Forgotten in a Chest

The July issue of Dragon magazine is out and I am happy to share with you one of my contributions to this issue. Dragon #425 features the article, Eye on the Realms: Forgotten in a Chest, and the wife was nice enough to let me have a slime creature eat her face off. Without any further explanation I present to you a slime monster in a chest... 

Eye on the Realms: Forgotten in a Chest
© 2013 Wizards of the Coast

At the time it seemed like a totally logical series of events... get assignment for a slime creature eating the face off of a thief then turning to the wife and asking her if she wanted to get killed in D&D. She has expressed interest in modeling for and appearing in my illustrations... I come to find out that this was NOT what she meant. Silly me! I could not have done this piece without her laying on the kitchen floor, and I think that is what really matters :)

As always, I would like to thank Kate Irwin for involving me on this project and for her art direction! In the coming weeks I will have for you my thumbnails, sketches, and a process step by step breakdowns for this pieces. 

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday for more new monsters! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment