Monday, June 4, 2012

Niiro no Oni - The Shadow’s Embrace - L5R

Over the weekend the first piece that I produced for the Legend of the Five Rings CCG was spoiled over on the L5R art tumblr page! I started working on L5R last August and it is very exciting to see the first of my contributions to the game finally get released. You guessed right if you thought it would be a monster! In fact, it is a giant living swarm of leeches called the Niiro no Oni...

Niiro no Oni
© 2012 Alderac Entertainment Group

This piece will appear in The Shadow’s Embrace expansion and should be out very soon. I had a lot of fun working on this piece and I had a great team of art directors to get me through my first piece for L5R. I have been aware of L5R for just about as long as I have been aware of Magic the Gathering, so it was a real treat to finally be able to add my voice to such a long lived game. If only I still had my old card...  Be sure to check back once the game is released and I will have more details about the piece as well as sketches, drawings and a walk trough of the painting.

That is all for an exciting day on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday when I should be all est to head out for the Illustration Master Class! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. That looks cool, though I am creeped out by leeches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to agree - I think it is cool.
    Great work!
    Stew.
    stewcrowther.wordpress.com
    _________________________

    ReplyDelete