Friday, November 18, 2022

The Death of Szass Tam - The Return of the Star Spawn Seer

From time to time, I like to check in on BoardGamesGeek and RPGGeek to see if my work has popped up in anything I am not aware of. Over the years, I have discovered many gaming items that feature my work that I was completely unaware of. This is the nature of the industry and working freelance. Once you have done work for a company, they can and will use it again. I recently stumbled upon some recent and not-so-recent PDF gaming supplements that feature my work. Today I am sharing a more recent release of the supplement The Death of Szass Tam and the return of the Star Spawn Seer. First off, here is the final art for the Star Spawn Seer.

Star Spawn Seer
Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse (and now The Death of Szass Tam)
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Emi Tanji
© 2022 Wizards of the Coast LLC

This was a fun one to design and paint, and it is a nearly unchanged self-portrait. I, unfortunately, do not know much about the folks behind The Death of Szass Tam, but it is a good-looking supplement, and they have good taste in monster art. Always fun to see my work popping up in unexpected places. I only wish that it had been a printed book and not a PDF so that I could add to my shelves of items featuring my work. Here are some images of The Death of Szass Tam cover and the Star Spawn Seer in it.

The Death of Szass Tam
 
The return of the Star Spawn Seer! RAWR!

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment