Friday, November 19, 2021

The Summoner Update and Sneak Peek

At the very end of August, I was in the grove again. Making art for the next installments of The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia and getting things done. IX was ahead of me in October, and there was a lot to be done. I shared the state of things about the Grand Bazaar and beyond at the time and was very optimistic about what was happening. While IX was a success and everything I planned came to fruition, unfortunately, the thing that once again suffered was making time to work on the books. This has been a reoccurring pattern since the beginning of 2020, and while I thought I had moved past it, I have not. The piece I had finished the linework on at the end of August has sat untouched until this week. Thankfully, I have pushed forward with it, and I am once again working on it. Life continues to throw things my way, but the black render is underway. My plan is to have this piece and a smaller second piece completed by the end of the year. Come hell or high water, this is happening. It only takes me sitting in my chair and working. Something that used to be so easy and since 2020 has become increasingly difficult. I hope to share the completed Summoner with you soon, but for now, here are some glimpses at it coming together.

This is where Sister was at as of August 30th. She sat this way for nearly two and a half months.

 
I had to get a bit done on the mid and backgrounds, but once there was enough established, I felt comfortable moving to the figure. ...FINALLY!

 
The figures are going to be back, and side lit. Thankfully I have plenty of reference images to work from when I planned this piece over ten years ago.

 
I have progressed past this point, but I can't show all the image just yet. Need to leave a little for later. As long as I can continue to sit in my chair and work, I will hopefully have something to share with you sooner than later.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment