Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Infected By Art Volume 9 Selected Work

I am happy to announce that I have had a piece selected for inclusion in Infected By Art Volume 9. I really love IBA, and it is a real honor to be included with so many other great artist and their work. You can see a full list of the art included in IBA 8 over on their website. As I said, lots of great work! As far as my work, Vexed Beanmonger, from the upcoming The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - In the Black, was selected.

 
Vexed Beanmonger
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - In the Black
11 x 14 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Original - Available
© 2020 Christopher Burdett

You can never know what will or will not make it into a juried event, and it is always interesting to see what does make it through the selection process. While I like this piece a lot, I was a little surprised that it beat out pieces such as the Articulate Polyplot or my Magic the Gathering work. I then remembered that this was the first piece that I could complete after the COVID19 pandemic began. I think it is only fitting that this particulate piece was selected. It is the work that got me back to the drawing table and able to make art again.

If you are curious, here is everything that I submitted for consideration in IBA 9. Congrats to everyone that made it in, and a huge thanks to the jury and to Bill Cox for all his work in making IBA a reality. I can't wait to see the completed book first hand!

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog. See you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment