Monday, December 18, 2017

Good Bye Deviant Art: Update

A month ago I shared with you the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to my usage of Deviant Art. Not unexpectedly, DA has an archaic process to delete your own account. After going through the list of questions regarding the reason for deactivating the account, multiple verification that you in fact want to deactivate your account, you then have to wait an entire month before DA will actually remove all of your content from their servers. Well, it has been a month and it now looks like all of my content has FINALLY been removed. This all took far too long, but thankfully it is over. People will now have to come to my blog or website to steal my work from now on. I wish I felt better about all this, but I fear too much damage has already been done and I have simply killed the patient in an attempt to stop the bleeding...

So long and good bye...

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this post on your Facebook.
    I made an account on Deviantart when I was 12 or 13 and my username was my full name. Luckily I deleted all the 'art' that I posted but there are things that I would now consider embarrassing in my 'favourites', as well as my bio. I wouldn't mind but the account appears when you google my name.
    I contacted DeviantArt asking if they could deactivate the account or hide it as I had made it when I was a child and no longer have access to the email it was registered with. They replied with a copied and pasted response saying I had to delete it myself.
    I'm very upset with this site and I don't know what I can do to get it taken down.

    ReplyDelete