Monday, November 13, 2017

The Other Kind of Promoting

While I don't often talk about my day job here on the blog I also don't hide the fact that I have one either. This blog has always been about my journey as a working artist in the gaming and entertainment industries. That said, most of this journey has happened along side and because of the day job. In the last few years my role at the day job has been changing and evolving and for most of this year has been moving to an ultimate goal, my promotion into a new position.

I am happy to report that I am now, officially, an Instructional Designer! This is something I have been working towards for a while now and very glad that all the paperwork and steps have finally been completed with the university. While I will have some of the responsibilities of a production artist, I am now designing, building, and maintaining style guides, working more directly with the writing team to make sure the content meets the needs of the art team, overseeing development of new assets like activities, animations, and videos, and working with other teams to make sure their projects are working as best they can from the art, design, and layout standpoint. A little bit of art directer, a little bit of designer, and a little bit artist all rolled into one position.

I won't bore you with the details, but this is very good for me, very good for my monster art, and will hopefully lead to a better quality of life in general. This promotion is one of the things that has allowed me to focus on my work on The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia this last year. While I don't talk about the day job, it is always there and is intertwined with the monster work.

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! All the greats have excellent credentials like this in their bios. Great job inspiring others too! ��

    ReplyDelete