Friday, November 3, 2017

Illuxcon 2017 - Part 4: The Crystal Cave

I will end my coverage of Illuxcon 2017 with something a little different. While this is not directly related to our time at IX, we got to experience it because of our trip to IX. About half way between Reading, PA and Allentown, PA you will find the Crystal Cave. We build in extra time at the end of our trip to Illuxcon so that we are not rushing to get to the airport and can take in some local sites on the way out of town. We never have a plan and just play it by ear to see what jumps out at us. This year we decided to stop at Crystal Cave near Kutztown, PA. I love a good cave tour and I find the formations of the rock to be gorgeous and I am humbled by the time it takes to forms the caves. Crystal Cave was really nice, but it was sad to see how much had been damaged or destroyed over the years by ignorant and destructive humans. Nevertheless, there is plenty of beauty to be seen in the cave and the tour was nice... though I could do without all the pareidolia. They are just rocks and rock formations, that is enough and they are a thing of beauty. If you have the time and are in the area I recommend stopping and taking the tour. Here are some images from the cave...

All images © 2017 Christopher Burdett

That's all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment