Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Flayer

Finished up a small personal painting after many starts and stops. This one was meant to be a quick piece in between client assignments, but ended up being stretched over a much longer length of time. No worries, it is finally done and I have another piece to take with me to convention season. Here is how Flayer turned out...

Flayer
4 x 6 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Original - SOLD
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

I am actually happy it took so long to arrive at a point when I could finish this painting. This piece was completed after a long run of back to back Star Wars paintings. I have been learning a lot about the paint and I have been able to turn around and put that knowledge into something I can share right away, rather then waiting a year. This painting started off with a painter at one skill level and was completed with that artist and a different skill level... at least that is how I feel about it. As with some of my other smaller personal work the drawing for the painting is actually a bit larger then the painting...

Flayer
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

As an added bonus, here on some images of the piece coming together. Super sloppy becoming a little less sloppy. The third image is where it stayed for weeks (if not longer) while I was super busy working on client work. The last two images were taken in my last sitting with the piece when it all came together.

All images © 2015 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment