Friday, February 20, 2015

Man Monster Studies

Know your strengths and confront your weaknesses. With my currently limited down time in between client assignments I have been focusing on one of my less developed skill sets... the man monsters, Here are a pair of studies I have done recently from some newly acquired reference images. Nothing heroic or ideal about these, just monstrous and fun. One day I will try to tackle 'pretty' ...or not.

Man Monster Study #1
  9 x 12
Pencil on paper
© 2015 Christopher Burdett
Original - Currently not for sale

Man Monster Study #2
  9 x 12
Pencil on paper
© 2015 Christopher Burdett
Original - Currently not for sale

I worked on these in little bits here and there. Not the best way to focus on them, but I make the best with what I have available. These were informative, but I am definitely ready to get back to some monster drawings! Here are some process images I thought to take when I came to a stopping point...

Man Monster Process
all images © 2015 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment