Monday, April 29, 2013

Beastly Rifleman

My studies continue and this time it is a dog with a gun! You might remember my related posts about the Beastly Caster, Beastly Fighter, Beastly Archer, Beastly Scribe, Beastly Pirate, Beastly Rider, Beastly Mercenary, and Beastly Thug. I am trying to make the most of my personal drawing time by incorporating more reference to hopefully improve my overall drawing skills. So today on the blog I have for you the ninth of my studies...

Beastly Rifleman
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

History + monster = Beastly Rifleman... There are many historical sites in Florida, and one just so happens to be on the other side of my town. I was touring the site with visiting family a little while back and I made sure to take lots and lots of photos of the reenactors in period dress. A pair of gentlemen giving a rifle demonstration really caught me eye and imagination and this is the first piece based off them. If the indication was any example of the functionality of the period firearms I would take my chances with a bow and arrow. Really interesting and informative! HISTORY!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment