Monday, April 15, 2024

The Tools of Storytelling - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I am thrilled to share another new piece from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia! This illustration is for Book Two: The Completed Circle. This is one of the numerous pieces of spot art that will be through the book. This one is for the very beginning of the book in the A World of Stories section. This piece shows off a varity of tools and materials used to tell stories: styluses, brushes, skulpting tools, paints, Shapermade inks (likely not too carcinogenic), and musical instruments. But in all seriousness, you might want to stay away from that Shapermade ink. I present The Tools of Storytelling.

The Tools of Storytelling
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - The Completed Circle
9 x 12 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Contact me regarding availability
© 2024 Christopher Burdett
 
The Tools of Storytelling - Drawing 
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
© 2024 Christopher Burdett
 
This is one of the many pieces I completed so far this year. It has been a blur of pencil and paint. Nice to finally be sharing them. Here is a look at the sketch for The Tools of Storytelling to show where it began.
 
The Tools of Storytelling - Sketch 
 Digital 
 © 2024 Christopher Burdett

As a bonus, I have some images of the rendering process of this piece so that you can get a better idea of it taking shape.

 
The Tools of Storytelling - Process
© 2024 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment