Monday, April 22, 2024

The Completed Circle - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I am thrilled to share another new piece from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia! This illustration is for Book Two: The Completed Circle. This is one of the numerous pieces of spot art throughout the book. As with last week's piece, this is for the beginning of the book in the A World of Stories section. This is the centerpiece for book two, the tale of The Completed Circle, the oldest existing written story on the planet. Or, should I say, what is left of it. All remaining copies, unfortunately, were severely damaged so long ago that there is no record of the destroyed bit. But there will be a lot more on that in the book. The Completed Circle was written on scrolls housed within one large case and adorned with a Sekkine Viper biting its tail.  I present The Completed Circle.

The Completed Circle
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - The Completed Circle
9 x 12 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Contact me regarding availability
© 2024 Christopher Burdett

The Completed Circle - Drawing 
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
© 2024 Christopher Burdett
 
This is one of the many pieces I completed so far this year. It has been a blur of pencil and paint. Nice to finally be sharing them. Here is a look at the sketch for The Completed Circle to show where it began.

The Completed Circle - Sketch 
 Digital 
 © 2024 Christopher Burdett

As a bonus, I have some images of the rendering process of this piece so that you can get a better idea of it taking shape.

 
The Completed Circle - Process
© 2024 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment