Friday, March 17, 2023

Kickstarter Roundup - Sideriadis, Barnum, Reynolds, and Dahlinger

Today on the blog, I wanted to point out several current (and one upcoming) Kickstarter projects that I think you all might be interested in. They feature fantastic art by incredible artists, and if you have not already checked it out, you should do so NOW!

First up is Jon Sideriadis' Astromythos: Lair of the Spider Lord. Jon shares:

Set in the world of Astromythos, Lair of the Spider Lord is a new 5e adventure book in which Stars and black holes vie for control of the universe. Players can also choose any 5e-compatible race and class when building their characters for the adventure. This 5-part story is packed with new game content and lore based on the ground-breaking new series by award-winning author and illustrator, Jon Sideriadis. 

Rekindle your campaign with a fun but powerful story in this astromythic dark fantasy that takes players from levels 10 to 15. The book includes 28 new creatures, 24 new items, 15 new maps, 5 new spells,  and many new cosmic and terrestrial worlds:

  • Face black hole monsters, star spiders, living volcanoes, asteroids, meteors, and evil human star-slayers.
  • Explore the heart, lungs, and guts of living mountains.
  • Survive spider-infested asteroids and moon-castles.
  • Fight your way through the blood and bones of fallen giants.
  • Sneak past treacherous trap-door spiders, and howling moon-pigs.
  • Slay the Spider Lord and bring balance to this world so you can return to yours.

After completing this adventure, players will advance to level 15. The adventure starts on a Planet called Zós and ends in space. Zós is a Planet much like Earth, and can be easily modified to function in other campaign settings. All you need to know about the setting is contained in this book. This book may also be used to create exciting new homebrew content for any of your other 5e-compatible campaigns.

Jon is a fantastic human, world builder, monster maker, and storyteller. This is a project not to miss out on and an excellent expansion of his world. This is another great project from him, and I would like to see it made a reality.

Next up is Joanna Barnum's Elemental Jack-O-Lanterns. Joanna shares:

I'm Joanna Barnum, I'm an artist, and I celebrate Halloween all year long. I'm a little obsessed with jack-o-lanterns. Something about them taps into the purest joy of my inner child- I can't help but smile when I see one! For the past few years, I've been making watercolor paintings inspired by my love of Halloween and pumpkins.

Just in time to usher in the “Spring-O-Ween” season, I've created this collection of Elemental Jack-O-Lanterns celebrating the four classical elements of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. I've painted them as watercolor originals, and am now creating prints, enamel pins, and stickers of the designs. I'm also collaborating with Sihaya & Company on a collection of glittering scented candles inspired by my artwork!

Joanna does amazing water color work, and this is another exciting project for her. If you are not familiar with her work, you really should check it out. She brings the spooky season to her work all year long.

Next, we have Wayne Reynolds' RPG Saints Sketchbook. Wayne shares:

The RPG Saints Sketchbook collects 80 sketches by me, fantasy artist Wayne Reynolds, into one beautiful, hardcover book. I have been working on drawings of saints, in the mode of RPG characters for several years now, and have had many requests to collect them into some kind of book. This is that book!

The book features 80 drawings of RPG saints, and will be approximately 172 pages long. 

Each sketch was created in pencil, and I would like to print the book in full colour to get the very best image fidelity. Printing in colour also means we get the best paper quality.

The book is hardcover, and features a cover design embossed in metallic foil. It will be A5 in size.

There is a lot more to discover about this campaign over on Kickstarter, and you should really check it out. Wayne is an amazing artist, and I am particularly excited about this one. If you don't know Wayne's work, you are missing out on a lot! 

Last up, we have Sarah Dahlinger's Astra Fauna: Expeditions, a project that will launch soon. Head over to Kickstarter to get notified when the campaign goes live. Sarah is an awesome creature, and alien designer and maker, and this book will be super awesome. It follows five alien scientist as they document strange life. SOunds so much fun! Sarah has shared on Facebook:

It'll be 93 pages and is PACKED with art, and I mean PACKED. I mean, I'm the sole artist and when I scroll through, I'm like, "daaammmn, that's a lot of art". It's a little shocking and exciting to see it all together.
 
I like the stories too. Although they are about scientists, they are unofficial retellings of their expeditions. They deal with love, loss, identity, fear, bravery, discovery, and SCIENCE!

If you are not familiar with Sarah's art, you need to fix that now. This is another one I am super excited about! The campaign will launch soon, but head over there now so you do not miss anything.

That is all for another exiting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment