Friday, March 3, 2023

From the Vaults - Toned Paper Sketches

I stumbled upon a folder of sketchbook scans from a decade ago. I believe these were done as warm-ups and breaks while at the Illustration Master Class in 2013. As far as I can tell, I have never shared these. I have scoured this blog and can find no trace of them, so I will consider them unseen for ten years. I have never been able to manage a sketchbook for long. I either lose interest or move on to larger pieces that need my full attention. For most of my life, I have felt that if I have time to sketch, then I have time to work on a finished project. Yes, you do gain a lot from sketching, but those experiences for me have been worked into my process for making art. Hopefully, this means that I am not losing out on too much by not keeping this type of thing going. I think that is all I can say about these, save that some of these drawings would be very much at home in the Grand Bazaar.

All images copyright 2013/2023 Christopher Burdett

 That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment