Monday, June 6, 2022

Inifinity Con 2022 Recap

This past weekend was Infinity Con in Tallahassee, FL. This was my second time as an in-person guest. It should have been my fourth, but the past few years stood in the way. 2020 was a completely virtual event, and it was too soon for us to do a live event last year. But this year, 2022, I was back with The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia, and it could not have gone better. 

I am not sure what has changed, but at the events that I have done beginning with IX this past October, everything is different for me. It is hard to put into words, but my enjoyment, my ability to engage with people, and my sales are significantly increased and improved. It might be that people are now out again at events and are eager to spend. It could be that I have finally learned how to run a booth better and more effectively. Maybe I finally have my book, my work, my world that I am presenting and not the work I have done for others. All of the above, none of the above, or maybe something else I have no idea of, needless to say, whatever it is, I like it, and I want it to continue. 

I am trying not to overthink all this. I need to stay focused on my work and keep pushing forward on book two. It is hard not to wonder what Gen Con has in store for us in two months. Until then, let me leave you with some images and thoughts from Infinity Con 2022.

With my badge in hand, I know it is time to get my head in the game and set up my booth.

 
Booth setup GB3.0. After IX and Pensacon, I made changes and added elements to the booth to improve it. I am thrilled with the current state of things, and once the final piece is added, I believe it will be all set for the near future.

 
For me, this is a significant comparison. The top image is my Infinity Con booth from 2019, and the bottom picture is from 2022. I think the comparison speaks for itself. The bottom booth generated over five times the sales with a much, much higher per sale average. Personally, I know which booth I would be more likely to walk up to.

 
I had some very cool folks stop by my booth this weekend. 

 
I did one sketch on a Magic artist proof at the show. The person was strangely very impatient, and I forgot my glasses that day, so it made for a quick sketch that may or may not be a little blurry. 

 
One of the pieces from book two sold over the weekend! It will be with me at Gen Con if you want to see it in person before it goes to its forever home. 

There were many neat things to see and look at during Infinity Con. 
These are only a few that I had a chance to take pictures of.

A huge thanks go out to David Heringer for inviting me and hosting such a fun event, my wife Achsa for all her help leading up to this moment, and to all those that attended IC 2022 this weekend and stopped by to learn more about the Grand Bazaar!

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment