Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Some MORE Selected Recent Artist Proof Drawings

Today I have for you a selection of recent artist proofs that I added drawings to their backs. If you are interested in getting any of these for yourself, just follow the links to my store

I would like to take a moment to talk about artist proofs. I have had several recent inquiries regarding color and/or painted artist proofs. Many artists provide them, and I always love seeing the tiny paintings they produce on the back of Magic cards. To be honest, I simply do not feel confident in my painting skills to work that small or on the prompts of the folks buying the cards. It will take more time and energy than I am prepared to give to produce them. Also, I packed up all my traditional painting supplies and equipment a while ago after completing my final Star Wars painting for FFG. My client work is 100% digital right now, and my work on my books only involves colored pencils, black ink, and white acrylic. I cleaned up my work station and packed up my paints - for now. 

I have talked a lot here on the blog that I am, first and foremost, a drawer. I am happiest when I am drawing and specifically drawing with a pencil. This is why I only offer black and white drawings on my artist proofs. I know I can accommodate my orders without getting backed up, and I prefer the work I can produce in ink on the cards. At conventions, I sometimes throw some marker work on the cards if they are for a repeat buyer or relevant to a specific request. But this extra work is a perk for those that make the journey to see me at events. I am sorry if some want colorwork on artist proofs, but I can not currently comfortably provide that service. 

Here are a couple of recent artist proofs that I was happy with.

The cobra continues to be a favorite through orders on my store - RAWR!

 
The Forerunner has finally been given some love, and this one was a lot more fun than initially expected.

That's all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...    

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment