Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Articulate Polyglot - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

With the launch of IX Online last week, I am happy to share the second of two new pieces from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia, making their debut at this virtual event. This piece has actually already sold at IX Online, and while I am happy to see it go to a forever home, I have barely lived with it. I have been waiting over three years to finally create this piece, and it was the first image I queued up to create after completing the first book. I had wanted this one to appear in the first book, but there wasn't a place for it, and with some of the limitations I set out for myself for the first book, I would not have done this one justice. It will find a home in the third book, In the Black, as the first entry. I present to you the Articulate Polyglot.

Articulate Polyglot
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - In the Black
13 x 17 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Original - SOLD
All currently available originals
© 2020 Christopher Burdett
 
Articulate Polyglot - Drawing
13 x 17 - Pencil on paper
© 2020 Christopher Burdett
 
Articulate Polyglot - Sletch
13 x 17 - Digital
© 2020 Christopher Burdett

If you are wondering, on the left is a Petrary Blue Hand speaking to Proctor Grib Strongcall, who is on the right. Grib is following up on some research collected by a young Acolyte by the name of Reginald Blatherskite. There will be more about all of these individuals, and more, in the fullness of time.
 
IX Online will be running through the end of March 2021, and all of my available works from the Grand Bazaar are up on my gallery and my store.
 
As an added bonus, I have some images of the rendering process of this piece so that you can get a better idea of it taking shape.  
 
Articulate Polyglot - Process
© 2020 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then... 

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment