Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Gazer Miniature - Monster Menagerie 3

Last year the Monster Menagerie 3 miniature set was released, and in that set, you can find a Gazer miniature. You might remember that I designed and illustrated the Gazer for Volo's Guide to Monster. It is always exciting to see miniatures based on my work, and this one is no exception, though you have to look very closely. Here is my illustration of the Gazer to start things off.

Beholder Gazer
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC

I knew that this monster was not the largest creature on the block, but I guess I didn't imagine it being a very tiny monster. The miniature makes it clear just how tiny it is. It was a little challenging to get some image, here are the best that I was able to take.

Beholder Gazer miniature in all its MINIATURE glory!

I have had plenty of larger miniatures made of my work, but this is most definitely the smallest. All the same, it is always exciting to see something I designed living in the real world as a piece of plastic.  For better or worse it will be around longer than humans usually last.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment