Monday, July 1, 2019

Inifinity Con 2019 Recap

This past Saturday marked the first Infinity Con in Tallahassee, and I can not say enough good things about it. Tallahassee has had a rocky history when it comes to conventions and it was generally assumed that the city just could not sustain an event such as a comic con. This weekend proved everyone wrong! The turn out was great, I never had a slow moment at my booth, and everyone looked to be having a great time. It was exciting to see so much fun and excitement being had in an event like this in Tallahassee. A huge thanks to David Heringer and everyone that was part of Infinity Con for inviting me out to the event and making such a wonderful day. Can't wait till next year! Here are some images from the day, I wish I had taken more, but I was too busy - not a bad problem.

Set up was Friday evening.

There was a lot of empty space Friday when I was done setting up, but I knew it would soon be filled.

My table all set up and ready to go. Used the L formation to bring people in and not block the isles.

Nightmare Theather out of Pensacola was representing. 

There was a slow start (like maybe the first thirty minutes) to Saturday morning, but soon it exploded.

My local comic shop, Fallout Comics, was in attendance!

It's Mittens from Nightmare Theater!

My photos will never do the crowds justice. I was so happy to see crowded aisles and smiling faces.

The other featured creators were seeing a ton of interest.

A sketch on the back of a Magic artist proof. 

I SOMEHOW ended up on ANOTHER panel with this dude Mark Maddox... Mark is fantastic and does amazing work, and it is always fun to be able to share the stage with him.

Some folks came to hear us talk, and we did not scare them all away.

Had a great turn out for the raffle and there was a happy winner.

Another sketch on the back of a Magic card.

One last photo with a friendly monster.

Nightmare Theater is now showing in Tallahassee, and we ended the night watching some of it with the folks from Nightmare Theater. A fitting end to a super fun day!

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment