Monday, November 5, 2018

The Kitten That Ate My Blog

Last Tuesday I walked into the same park I walk every day. Last Tuesday was different. Last Tuesday there was a very small kitten all alone and crying in the tall grass. Momma cat was nowhere to be found and there were no other kittens. I found the nest that the kitten was a couple of feet away from and it too was empty. After a hiss or two the kitten was snuggled up against my leg as I knelled in the grass looking for other kittens. It did not resist me picking it up and at that moment I knew I most likely had a kitten. Walked home with a kitten tucked in my shirt and made a quick drive to our vet. The kitten was pronounced healthy and was about three to four weeks old. Kitten spent the rest of the day at the vet while I got things situated. He does not want a bottle and is learning to eat cat food with kitten formula mixed in AND, most importantly, he uses the litter box like a champ. He is coming with me to the office for feeding and care part of the week. He has also devoured my ability to get any work done at home. I was able to make some notes for revisions to some of my writing last week, but I was not able to get anything actually written until yesterday. The kitten has become more mobile and is exploring more and sleeping a lot. So I have finally been able to carve out time to work.

This is little Mietze (rhymes with pizza) and he is being the cutest little distraction possible...

 Jonsey is not happy about the arrival of Mietze, hopefully in time it will change.

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. It took my resident adult male about 3 weeks or so to "warm up" to our kitten when we got her. I think they're just too cute to resist!

    ReplyDelete