Monday, March 19, 2018

Star Wars and the Power of Costume

We found ourselves briefly in St. Petersburg, FL over the weekend and had a little bit of time available to squeeze in a visit to the St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Art and their current exhibit of Star Wars and the Power of Costume. The show runs through April 1st, so it was lucky we had a chance to get down to see it. I highly recommend a visit to the show if possible, or catching it when and if it tours nearer to you. Seeing the original costumes, props, and art was truly special. I was surprised with how less detailed the costumes of the original trilogy were and how complex they read to me watching the movies juxtaposed with how complex the new costumes are for the current movies and much detail is lost when viewing. Especially with the original trilogy, it was great to see just how much they were able to do with so little. This was really great opportunity to see just how rich and complex the actual costumes are for movies. I took many photos and tried to get some detail shots for use later. Here are but a few of the photos I took while at the exhibition, they should all more or less speak for themselves...


That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment