Friday, March 16, 2018

A Little Late... 2017 Holiday Card - Bes

Somehow I forgot to post the art that I did for our 2017 holiday card. Usually I post it in mid to late December after the cards have all gone out and hopefully received. This year it seems to have slipped though the cracks. Which is funny, since I got the art done ahead of schedule and I even think the cards were in the mail early too.

For 2017 I decided to depict an Egyptian God that I had never known about. While in Paris this past year I saw many depictions of Bes at the Louvre. Not sure how I had never come across Bes before, but I hadn't... until now. I was instantly enamored with Bes and knew I HAD to do a drawing related to him. The holiday card seemed like a good fit. This past year we hoped that everyone's holiday season was the Bes!

Bes - 2017 Holiday Card
8 x 10 - Pencil on paper
© 2017 Christopher Burdett
 

2017 Holiday Card interior
© 2017 Christopher Burdett

That's all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then... 

 
For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment