Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Illuxcon 2010 - Wrap up

I am still recovering from Illuxcon. I was up at 4 am on Monday to fly back to Florida on a 5:45 am flight. Due to fog in DC our journey stretched out into a 15 hour trek through 6 airports and we didn't get back to Florida until after 8pm Monday night. The luggage on the other hand... It was not back to us until yesterday afternoon. Thankfully everything arrived more or less intact and in good shape. The heavy handed TSA agents in Altoona gave me fits as they tore through my carefully packed suitcase full of original art and all my gear from the showcase. Glad to say it is all back and safe and I am slowly getting my feet back under me after a truly amazing weekend at Illuxcon.

I would like to again extent huge thanks to Patrick and Jeannie Wilshire for everything they do to make Illuxcon happen. Illuxcon 2 was so amazing and Illuxcon 3 was a thousand fold more amazing. I can't wait until Illuxcon 4 and I know I am not alone in these feelings.

I have gone back and corrected some spelling and grammar issues on my posts about Illuxcon (hopefully I caught them all) as well as linked all the artists to their appropriate web sites. Due to time issues I only linked folks on their first mention. Take a moment and check out all the amazing artists that were at Illuxcon...

Illuxcon 2010 coverage Day 0

Illuxcon 2010 coverage Day 1

Illuxcon 2010 coverage Day 2

Illuxcon 2010 coverage Day 3

Illuxcon 2010 coverage Day 4

One of Lars Grant-West's skulls that he brought for his lecture. This is the closest thing to an incriminating photo I could come up with this year. Will need to try harder next year!

See you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment