Friday, January 22, 2010

Hulking Brute - Dreamblade

Imagine that, a quick Friday post AND it involves a Dreamblade miniature. What are the odds? Today I bring you the Hulking Brute from the Anvilborn expansion. The art order had me at 'hulking'. I really enjoy big lumbering creatures so I got right to work and submitted this for my first pass...

Hulking Brute (version 1)
© 2006 Wizards of the Coast LLC

The second after I sent this version off I realized I should have done more with it. I hate the tunnel vision I sometime get on a piece, but that is just one of the reason art directors are so important. Thankfully the AD and I were on the same wave length and he suggested more crazy lumpiness and veins, work to make him more gross. This is something I got completely covered. He also suggested to liven up the club as well as raise it up a bit to help with the molding/casting end of things. Some quick revisions later we had a good looking brute...

Hulking Brute
© 2006 Wizards of the Coast LLC

This second version hit the mark and I was given the okay to move forward on the rest of the turnaround...

Hulking Brute
© 2006 Wizards of the Coast LLC

You can see how the Hulking Brute turned out in it's final production miniature form, HERE.

As a reminder, I will be taking part in a charity art auction next week as well as selling (for the first time) some Dreamblade art starting in the next couple days on ebay. I will keep you all up to date and how you can take part in the auctions!

Also, two books from Paizo that I contributed to are hitting shelves as we speak. As soon as I have confirmation that they are out I will share my work with you! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment