Friday, August 28, 2009

Unreleased Dreamblade - The rest of Set 6

And then there were three. Here are the final three pieces I designed for Dreamblade set 6, Serrated Dawn. One of these for sure made it into the set, one I am on the fence about and one I am confident did not make it. The Skydancer started a superstition I had about my work that I carried until recently. You might notice that I lean toward monsters and creatures in my work and there is not a lot of pretty, especially women and female forms. Several projects I worked on for Wizards of the Coast gave me the opportunity to work on pieces with women or at least very feminine monsters, this usually marked the end of these projects. No really. I did two female pieces in Serrated Dawn, the female armor I designed for the D&D Character Visualizer and a third project I can't mention on this blog that had a female monster. All of these (as of now) have never seen completion. This trend has since been broken (I think). Anyway... the “Diseased Angel” was described to me as a Valor piece with Fear elements which lends me to think it is the Putrid Princess, but I could be wrong. The rarity matches too, so until I learn otherwise I will stick with my guess. The last of the pieces I designed for Serrated Dawn was a Valor rare simply called "Samurai". Pretty straight forward and would most likely have been a cool miniature if all the details I put into it made their way into the sculpture.

Unreleased Skydancer - © 2006 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Unreleased Putrid Princess / “Diseased Angel” - © 2006 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Unreleased Samurai - © 2006 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Fear not! This is not the end. I have some more surprises and thing to share from my time on Dreamblade. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment