Monday, January 8, 2024

Dashing Vagabond - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I am thrilled to share another new piece from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia. This illustration is for Book Two: The Completed Circle. I am back to working on character pieces for the next book as, for now, some of the larger environmental pieces are behind us. This is a Ullnach that goes by the name of Nimmulli’Zhaq. He has a Woofettes companion. The Woofettes is the illustration I am actively working on - but you can see a little of the Woofettes's leg directly behind Nimmulli’Zhaq in this one. The Ullnach are one of the most admired races on the planet, but we will get into why in the book. Nimmulli’Zhaq owes and operates an airship, which comes into play in the story. Again, more details will have to wait for another day! I present to you with the Dashing Vagabond.

Dashing Vagabond
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - The Completed Circle
13 x 17 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Contact me regarding availability
© 2023 Christopher Burdett
 
Dashing Vagabond - Drawing 
13 x 17 - Pencil on paper
© 2023 Christopher Burdett
 
As much as I enjoy the large environmental pieces, it is nice to be back to slightly smaller and more focused images for the characters from the book. This was my final piece for 2023 - a year that felt lacking regarding the amount of art I created. But, that can not be helped, all I can do is keep making more art - which I am doing! I will say this is one of my favorite pieces that I have done for the books. Here is a look at the sketch for the Dashing Vagabond to show where it began.
 
Dashing Vagabond - Sketch 
 Digital 
 © 2023 Christopher Burdett  

As a bonus, I have some images of the rendering process of this piece so that you can get a better idea of it taking shape.

Dashing Vagabond - Process
© 2023 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment