Friday, December 1, 2023

Dungeons & Dragons - Lore and Legends

Recently, a massive tomb covering 5th Edition of Dungeons & Dragons came out which included the encore appearances of some of my work. I picked up the book on blind faith that there had to be at least one of my pieces in there, as I have done a lot of work of 5E, and I was not disapointed. A total of four pieces were included, and I was credited for three of them, so not too bad. It is a very large book with a lot of art, so it is expected for something to slip through the cracks. With that aside, it is an awesome book and if you are a fan of D&D, art, and D&D art, you should treat yourself with a copy.

Dungeons & Dragons - Lore and Legends

Here are my illustrations that appear in the book. Some of my personal favorites, some of the pieces welll recieved by the fans, and all monsters. Personally, I am thrilled to see the Lizardfolk make it in and this is an important piece for me and my long history with D&D.

Mind Flayer Tadpole
9.1 x 10.1 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Lizardfolk
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Eidolon
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Aartuk Elder
Spelljammer Adventures in Space
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2022 Wizards of the Coast LLC

And lastly, here are some image of these works in the book. Always wonderful to see my work printed in a book. The books started it all and I am honored to be part of the long tradition of being a D&D artist making monsters for the game.

D&D monsters in printed book form for your enjoyment.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment