Monday, April 20, 2020

Arkham Horror: Final Hour - The Return of Unbound!

While I am usually sharing the reuse of my Star Wars work, today I have something a little different. One of the monsters that I originally created for the Call of Cthulhu card game has recently resurfaced in the Arkham Horror expansion, Final Hour. The piece reused was titled Unbound! and features my redesign of the Crawling One that I did for Mansions of Madness games and miniatures way back in 2011. Here is a look at the book art for Final Hour, pretty neat! Now, let's take a look inside.

Arkham Horror expansion Final Hour

Look at all these tokins. Lots of monsters on them, but one of them looks somewhat familiar.

Ah, yes! Here's one that looks very familiar indeed!

Cropped and stuck on a piece of cardboard, the Crawling One is still looking good after all these years. Too bad, there was not the room for the early artist cameo that appears in the original art. Nine years later, there is so much I would change about this piece, but we live and learn, and that is the whole point.

Unbound!
Call of Cthulhu: Silver Twilight Lodge
9.3 x 6.9 - Digital
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

As an added bonus, here is my turnaround for the Crawling One miniature that I created before getting the Unbound! assignment. I was asked to redesign the monster for the miniatures and give it a new spin. With all my miniature work, it was super fun to work on. I kind of miss those miniature designing days. 

Crawling One
Mansions of Madness
12 x 9 - Pencil on paper - 3 separate drawings
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment