Friday, November 16, 2018

The Return of the Gazer - Dragon Heist

Recently it came to my attention that one of my Dungeons & Dragons pieces has made a repeat appearance in the new Dragon Heist book. It is a book I would have really liked to work on, so technically I did. Here is a look at the cover of the book, it is FULL of great art and I hear it is a really fun adventure and offers a lot of world building...

Dragon Heist for all you heisted dragon needs!

If you flip to the back to the monster section you will be able to find the Gazer. I originally created the Gazer for Volo's Guide to Monsters. A lot of talk about Volo's on the the blog this week. Now THAT was a great book to work on! Here is the page from Dragon heist with the Gazer on it...

Gazer's return! RAWR!

Lastly, here is the full art that I did of the Gazer for Volo's. I really liked how this one turned out and it is nice to see it making its return. I am sure it was just an oversight, but I was not credited in Dragon Heist. These things happen and WotC always goes out of their way to make sure everyone gets credited. Just look at my post about the Dungeons & Dragons Dungeonology book to know what a great job they do to credit artists. Like I said, these things happen and it is a fluke for it to slip through the cracks. Not even sure why I brought it up, just in case you went looking for my name I guess. ANYWAY... here is the art for the Gazer...

Beholder Gazer
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment