Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Gen Con 2017 Recap - Day 0

There are back again! Another Gen Con has come and gone and it was another blur of fun and adventure in the artist alley. This was not just any Gen Con, this was Gen Con 50 and it was one for the record books. It was said that there were 75,000 attending every day and on many of the days it certainly felt like they were all in the artist alley. This was my best Gen Con to date and I thank everyone who came to my booth and made that happen. It was great to see so many familiar faces and to meet so many new people. There is definitely an amazing community of artist at Gen Con and I am thrilled to be a part of it every year. As with every year it feel like we have a huge week of convention fun ahead of us and with a blink of the eye it is all over. I will be sharing images and thoughts from Gen Con 50 over the next several days to give you a glimpse of my experiences at a record breaking convention. SO MAY people work tirelessly to make the Gen Con art show what it is and it would now happen without the work of Barbara Fisher, Diesel LaForce, and their awesome team. I am still getting my head around everything that happen over the four days of Gen Con 50, but it was certainly a lot of fun. Hopefully as I write these posts the memories and adventures will come together into a coherent tale. Here are some images from the travel to Gen Con and set up to get things started...

It is always a challenge to get everything into my car for Gen Con. I often think I have brought too little until I try to fit it all in. This time around it was going really smoothly... until the end, where it all went horribly wrong. But it all fit.

I had planned to head to Gen Con, but I was persuaded to go in another route thanks to some extremely powerful marketing.

It would not be a drive to Gen Con without a gratuitous image of the rocket...

...and the dinosaur along the road. I think this was my best image yet of each of them.

Indianapolis was CRAZY busy. This image does not even come close to showing just how much traffic, both on the streets and sidewalks, there was. For as many people as there were, everyone for the most part was well behaved and organized.

The booth came together extremely quickly this year.
It would have been even quicker if I wasn't talking to everyone around me and catching up.
In reality, more and more each year to becomes clear to me that I am at Gen Con to see my art family more than to promote myself as an artist.

A look from the 12th floor of our hotel of the convention center.

Another look at the surroundings. This area is quickly becoming our home base in Indianapolis.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here tomorrow for more Gen Con coverage! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment