Monday, July 28, 2014

Yoda - North American Championship Prize

I have only been sitting on this piece since February... but it has been a long wait none the less. Last week it was spoiled on the Fantasy Flight Games website as part of their North American Championship prizes at Gen Con in August. Here is a piece I have spent my life as an artist working toward...

Yoda
Star Wars: The Card Game National Championship Prize
12.4 x 8.9 - Digital
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I put a lot of myself into this piece, not just time and effort. When I share the process there will be some fun reference photos of me in a robe on my knees wielding a lightsaber. Here is an image of the final card that will be given away at Gen Con...

PRIZES!
While I would have loved to see Yoda on that backpack I don't like the idea of trying to get my hands on one... they will be super rare items.

Did I mention Gen Con? Well, I am ready for attending Gen Con and Illuxcon this summer with my brand new retractable Yoda banner! ...for all my retractable Yoda banner needs. Here is a look at the art for the banner...

Depending on the set up at Gen Con this may or may not make an appearance, but it will definitely be at Illuxcon at my table in the Showcase. RAWR, I will!

Even though it is a kinda crappy photo, here is a look at the final banner that arrived last week, all 7.5 feet of it...

Can't miss me you will...

A big THANKS to Zoe Robinson for thinking of me when this assignment came up. This piece means a lot to me.

That is all the Yoda information I have for you right now. I will have the process for this piece here on the blog most likely right after Gen Con. I will see about getting the drawing for this up before Gen Con... but if you attend Gen Con you will see it there! RAWR!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment