Friday, April 11, 2014

Taking a break: Bohg'Dar Demon - Angel Season 4

The blog break continues as I am still overwhelmed elsewhere. In my absence, here is some stuff I have never shared from my days in the Makeup FX industry! Today I have for you the Bohg'Dar Demon from season 4 of Angel...
 
If there ever was a demon on Angel I would have liked to had done more on, it was the Bohg'Dar. The Bohg'Dar was and is right up my alley when it comes to monsters - big and full of character. Sadly, I was out of most of the loop when it came to this monsters. I did however get to design the contacts for Bohg'Dar. Something is better then nothing. Not much else to add on this one... just look him in the eye next time and think of me...
 
While I only designed the contacts there was an entire team of my skilled coworkers that saw to the sculpting, designing, molding, casting, and everything else that went into seeing this creature come about.

Enough talk, here are the Bohg'Dar Demon...
The jowly Bohg'Dar Demon... RAWR!

My initial concepts for the Bohg'Dar contacts. For most of my contact designs I looked to medical books dealing with eye injuries and illnesses for inspiration and reference. The nature world is so much better at coming up with disturbing imagery. FYI, keep bleach out of your eyes... just saying.

Decided to go with a nice asymmetrical look for the Bohg'Dar Demon's contacts. You can compare this image to the photo of the final makeup above to see how well they recreated these designs in the actual contacts.

Here is an added bonus of thing to come at a later date. This is me in the Bohg'Dar makeup and suit! RAWR!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment