Friday, March 15, 2024

NEW Aarakocra Miniature

I have another recently released miniature that is based on my designs and illustrations that has also already been turned into mulitple miniatures. Last week it was the Spectator, but today is the return of the Aarakocra. Again, I am speaking losly with the word 'new,' when this mini came out this past October. And yes, this is ANOTHER totally new and different Aarakocra mini. They can't seem to stop making them and I have zero issue with this. Here is how the final illustration for the Aarakocra turned out.

Aarakocra
 Dungeons & Dragons - 5th Edition Monster Manual
8x11 - Digital
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast

I have said it here before, I have a few D&D monsters that mean a great deal to me, each for their own reasons. The Aarakocra is one of those monsters. Anytime I see new minis, the reuse of my art, or other artists take on the monster it is a good day for me. And even though there are a lot of Aarakocra minis and I love them all, this is by far my favorite and really holds true to my original designs and painting. Here are some images of the new mini.

The NEW Aarakocra miniature for all your new Aarakocra miniature needs.
 
Lastly, here is an image of the original Aarakocra mini so you can see how it has evlved for the past ten years. I will add that this is the last of my miniatures posts for a while. There are more minis coming, but there are some months away and I have no more save to post. So I will have to come up with something new to post of Fridays for a while.

The original Aarakocra miniature made for the Icons of the Realms line of minis from 2014.
 
 That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment